I had bakes these cupcakes long back and somehow, couldn't find time to post it in my blog... So, for all my friends, who had been asking for the recipe..... here it comes...
This is an amazing red coloured cupcake and the good thing about these cuties are that, they are not made using any artificial colours. Its the beetroot that is giving them these red-blushing colour. Isn't it great!!!
My kids gulped them, one after the other... Had to keep some aside, so that I could take snaps of these cuties :)
Nothing more to tell about these cupcakes, Yes! the name says it all.... Its red in colour.. of course, and like a velvet...so soft and moist. Its worth a try. So wear your apron and try it today!!!
3/4th cup Beetroot puree
1 1/2 cup Maida/All purpose flour
4 tsp Cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup milk + 1 tbsp vinegar (mixed and keep aside for 5 mins)
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- To make Beetroot Puree:
- Sieve maida, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Put this in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Preheat the oven in convection mode at 200 degree Celsius.
- Prepare the baking tin by lining with the butter paper. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, put the milk + vinegar mixture, sugar and oil. Using an electric beater, blend well till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the beetroot puree and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Now add the dry ingredients (which we had sieved) into this mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake molds and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and Enjoy!!!
Thanks for visiting