I know.... you might be thinking, why iam not posting recipes everyday, which I used to do previously. Iam so sorry, friends, now a days, I am bit tied up with my orders for chocolates and cakes, that I find very little time to write and post recipes in my blog. Some times, I feel lazy too :) But don't worry, guys!!! Iam not going to let you down. I will continue posting new and tried out yummy recipes whenever I get time.
This time, I thought to share a healthy side dish, which is not only easy to prepare, but also very yummy and tasty. This is a simple and easy vegetarian Gujarati one-pot side dish. It tastes best with roti or poori.
This recipe was in my draft for long and I somehow forgot to post it in my blog. By now, this side dish has become one of our favourite and I have made it n number of times. As it is very easy, you can prepare it for your kids or elders as a lunch box item along with rotis.
I don't add sugar in this, as my family doesn't like sweet taste in side dishes. So its up to you, if you like, you can add it. Even with out sugar, this dish tastes yummy.
Try it out and let me know....
Recipe Source : Bhavna's Kitchen
2 - 3 Potatoes (cut into cubes)
4 - 5 Baingan/Brinjal (cut into cubes)
1/2 cup Tomato (finely chopped)
3 tbsp. Coriander leaves
1 tbsp. Ginger Garlic paste
2 Green chilli (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
1 tsp Cumin powder/ Jeera powder
1 tbsp. Brown sugar or white sugar or Jaggery (optional)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp. Coriander powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder (optional, as per your taste)
2 tbsp. Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
2 Pinch Asafoetida
- In a large bowl, add baingan, potatoes, tomato, coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste, green chilli, salt, cumin powder, brown sugar, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Take off from heat and add all the ingredients (kept in the bowl) into the pressure cooker. Add little water (about 1/4 cup) and mix well.
- Place the pressure cooker back on low flame, mix well and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Later place the lid and let it cook till 3 - 4 whistles.
- Once done, take off the lid and serve by garnishing with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with roti or poori.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting