"I scream, you scream for Ice cream"
I dont know how i missed to upload an ice cream recipe. Ice creams are my favourite. My daughter Nithya normally doesnt like the store ice creams. But she likes the home made ones. When i make ice creams at home, we both fight for more and more servings. Now my little Dhanya has also started to fight for it. More competition :))
When i start making ice creams, i go on tasting it in between and so i usually make it more in quantity, so that after freezing there would be enough for the kids too. You can say that iam addicted to ice creams. ;) I know.... lot of calories...but just cant stop eating it.
This is an easy home made ice cream recipe "without eggs". I got hold of this recipe from my sister and whenever i try this recipe, it comes out really well. You will forget about the store bought ice creams. I have tried ice creams with eggs too. But some how, i feel that this one is really cool.
You can play with flavours, once you know how to make the basic vanilla ice cream. Every other ice creams are made from this. You can say, i have done research in this part :)
"Blend blend blend...yummy yummy yummy..." Here comes the recipe.....
Full cream milk powder (Everyday milk powder or Amulya) - 1 cup
Milk (at room temperature) - 1 cup
Sugar - 2/3 cup
Fresh cream (whipped) - 1 and 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- In a mixie jar, put milk powder, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Blend it till the sugar is dissolved.
- Whip the cream nicely and add this to the mixie jar. Blend it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour this mixture in an ice cream tin or an air tight container. Keep this in the freezer for about 2 to 3 hrs. Every fridge has different levels for cooling. So keep checking.
- Before it is fully set, take the ice cream out and mix it throughly with an egg beater (preferably) or spoon.
- Again put it in the freezer. Continue the same process once again.
- After 3 to 4 hrs (again it depends on the fridge) when the ice cream is set, take out and serve it.
The store ice creams has a creamy texture. You can get this texture by mixing the ice cream in between the freezing process. So dont forget to mix in between. This makes a lot of difference to the ice cream.
Pictures are shown below.....
|All the ingredients except fresh cream put in the mixer|
|Blending cream using a hand blender|
|Ice cream mixture poured into an airtight container|
|After freezing for 1 or 2 hours|
|Mixing with an egg beater again after freezing for 2 to 3 hours|
|Once again following the same process of mixing|
|Vanilla Ice Cream with Nutella topping|
You can put any topping of your choice. I usually put chocolate sauce (which i make at home), but didnt have patience to make it. So i topped it with some nutella. Tasted awesome. Hmmmmmm.....Yummy..
Try out friends. You will thank me for sharing this recipe :)
Thanks for visiting