This is a simple chicken curry which i usually make for my daughter. She loves it very much. When iam tired of making different types of dishes with chicken, i make this curry and its healthy as we are using very little oil and taste is really good. I usually make chicken curries in coconut oil as it tastes great than prepared in any other oil. This is a very nice recipe for children. I adjust the spices when i prepare this for my kid.
This was made for my daughter, so i added little spices and so the curry is looking little pale in the photo.
Try out this simple chicken curry and post in your comments.
Chicken (cut into medium pieces) - 1 kg
Onion (sliced) - 3 medium
Tomato (cut into small pieces) - 3 medium
Red chilli powder - 3 tbsp (increase or decrease the quantity according to your taste)
Coriander powder - 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil (preferably coconut oil) - 4 to 5 tbsp
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces. Place it in a deep bowl.
- In a small non stick pan, dry roast (without putting oil) red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder. It will take less than 1 minute. Take it off from heat.
- Put this mixture along with salt into the chicken pieces. Mix well. Let it marinate for some time.
- In the mean time, heat oil in a big kadai or pressure cooker. Put the sliced onion and saute it till golden brown colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and again saute it. Now add the tomatoes and mix well. Let it cook for some time.
- When the tomatoes are fully cooked, add the marinated chicken pieces. Mix well. Adjust the salt if needed at this stage. (Usually, i dont add water as the chicken leaves out little water from it while cooking. If you want more gravy for the dish, add water and adjust the gravy while cooking.)
- If you are preparing in a pressure cooker, close the lid and after 1 whistle, remove from heat.
- If you are preparing in a kadai, close with a lid and mix the curry in between.
- When the chicken pieces are cooked throughly, add coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve it hot with rice or roti.
|Simple Chicken Curry|
Thanks for visiting