This is a sweet which has an amazing combination of beetroot and gulkand. Though i have heard about gulkand, had never tasted it before. Recently, i got an opportunity to taste this and oh...my I was mesmerised by its taste and moreover its flavor. If you don't know what Gulkand is ...its a preparation of rose flower petals in sugar. If you have to make gulkand in a traditional way, its bit time consuming process. But I recently made this in an instant way and it was really tasty.
I used this instant homemade gulkand to prepare this yummy halwa. I topped it with butterscotch ice cream and it tasted awesome. I cannot describe how it tastes, better you prepare and check out how amazing it is :)
2 tbsp. Ghee
10 - 15 Cashew nuts
10 - 15 Almonds
10 - 15 Pistachios
2 cups Beetroot (grated)
1/2 cup Dried Rose flower petals (optional)
1/2 tin Condensed Milk
5 tbsp. Sugar (as per your taste)
1 cup Khoya
2 tsp cardamom powder
5 tbsp. Gulkand
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan. Add cashew nuts, almonds and pistachios. When it starts changing its colour, add raisins.
- When the raisins puff up, add beetroot and mix well. Now add dried rose flower petals. Cover and let it cook for about 3 minutes or till the beetroot is nicely cooked.
- Take off the lid and add sugar and condensed milk into it. Mix well and let it cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Now add khoya and mix well. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes or till everything is nicely combined.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. When the halwa has turned slightly thick, take off from heat.
- Serve it in room temperature with a scoop of ice cream of your choice.
- If you are adding dried rose flower petals, don't add gulkand.
- If you are using gulkand, adjust the sweetness as gulkand is already sweet.
- Adjust sugar and condensed milk as per your taste.
- You can totally avoid adding condensed milk and increase the amount of sugar in the recipe.
Thanks for visiting