Previously, i used to make ragi kurukku/porridge for my younger daughter. To tell you the truth, that's the only dish i used to prepare using ragi. Later on, i saw many ragi dishes prepared by many of my fellow bloggers and also in Internet. From then on, i was planning to make something using ragi.
Recently, when i went for shopping, my eyes fell up on a pack of ragi flour. At that instance, my mind was blank as to what will i prepare with this flour, even though i had came across many dishes using it. Still, i bought one pack thinking that i will make something or the other :)
Reaching home, i started searching Internet to find some recipes using ragi flour. I don't know why....even my computer was against me at that time.....was not showing me a good and simple dish using it. :( By searching here and there, some how i collected information as to how to make a simple dish and that's how came up with this instant Ragi dosa. It is a combination of many recipes which i came across in the net.
Tried it out and to my amazement, it came out perfect and yummy. A very healthy breakfast recipe good for kids and even adults. It is an instant recipe, so no fermentation or soaking is required. Go on and try it out....
1/2 cup Ragi flour
1/2 cup Oats
1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
Salt to taste
2 - 3 cups Buttermilk
2 tbsp Oil
1/4 tsp Red chilli powder (optional)
- In a deep bowl, add ragi flour, oats and whole wheat flour. Mix well.
- Add buttermilk and mix well. Keep this aside for 1/2 an hour.
- Later, add baking powder, baking soda, red chilli powder, salt and oil.
- Mix well. Add more buttermilk if the batter is thick. It should be in the consistency of a dosa batter.
- Spread little oil in a dosa pan. Pour a ladle of ragi dosa batter and spread it just like you make a normal dosa.
- When one side turns golden brown colour, flip and let the other side cook.
- When both sides are nicely cooked, take off from the pan.
- Serve it hot with coconut chutney or onion chutney.
Thanks for visiting