Broccoli is high in vitamin C, as well as dietary fibre. It also contains multiple nutrients and is considered as a healthy vegetable which can be included in salads too. Broccoli looks like a mini tree with branches sprouting from the main stem. The green colour itself is very inviting.
Broccoli need not be cooked completely. It tastes best when you get a crunch of this healthy vegetable in the dish. Both the stem and the florets can be used for cooking. This is a simple, healthy and easy preparation with Broccoli. As it is a stir fry side dish, it can be made within minutes.
1 Broccoli (medium, cut into bite sized florets)
1 Onion (medium, cut into cubes)
1 tbsp Red chilli flakes
1 tbsp Soy sauce
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tbsp. Red chilli sauce
1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add onion. Saute for a minute and add broccoli.
- Add salt, soy sauce and red chilli sauce. Mix well.
- Add 3 tbsp water and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- When broccoli is cooked and still crunchy, take off from heat.
- Serve it hot with roti, jeera rice or fried rice.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting