This dish is a simple one which goes well with roti or paratha. It can be used as stuffing for breads too.
Recipe source: Manjulaskitchen
2 cups Cauliflower (cut into bite size pieces)
2 no Potatoes (medium, cut into pieces)
1/2 inch Ginger (grated)
A pinch of Asafoetida
1/2 tsp Cumin seed
2 Green chilli
2 Bay leaves
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
3 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Amchur powder/Dry mango powder
Coriander leaves for garnishing
3 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
Water as required
- In a bowl, add grated ginger, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and little water to make a paste. Keep this aside. This is done so that the masala doesn't gets burnt while cooking.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Put asafoetida, cumin seeds, bay leaves and green chillies. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add the masala paste which we had made earlier. Mix well.
- When the oil starts to leave from the masala, add cauliflower and potatoes.
- Add salt and mix well. Cover and cook it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and mix gently in between. If the mixture is very dry, add little water in it.
- Add amchur powder and coriander leaves. Mix gently and take off from heat.
- Serve it hot with roti, paratha or as a stuffing for breads.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting