This is a simple and easy preparation of carrot halwa using a pressure cooker. Whenever you are in a mood of eating this special dessert, just make it within minutes....its that easy.
In this recipe, i have used milk powder. You can add mawa or add more milk instead of milk powder. You can adjust the sweetness according to your taste. So keep tasting in between and add the ingredients accordingly.
I have posted a microwave method of making this halwa. You can check out that recipe here.
Recipe Source: SuperVeggieDelight
4 cups Carrot (peeled and grated)
3 tbsp Ghee
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Milk powder
1/2 cup Sugar (as per your taste)
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
5 - 10 Cashew nuts (chopped)
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Put cashew nuts in it and fry till it changes its colour.
- If you like the cashew nuts to be crunchy while eating the halwa, take off from the cooker and keep aside and then add the grated carrots in the cooker.
- Or else, add grated carrot into the fried cashew nuts in the cooker.
- Mix well. Add milk and mix well.
- Cover the pressure cooker and keep in low flame till 2 whistles.
- Turn off the heat and after sometime, take off the lid.
- Mix well and again keep on low flame.
- Add milk powder and keep stirring. When all the moisture gets evaporated, add sugar.
- Mix well and let it cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the halwa gets thickened add cardamom powder and mix again.
- Keep stirring or else the halwa gets burnt in the bottom of the cooker.
- Add fried cashew nuts (if you have not added them while cooking the carrots) and mix well.
- Serve it hot or cold.
|Milk is added so that the carrot won't get burnt while cooking|
|After 2 whistles, the carrot looks like this|
|After adding milk powder|
|mmmm...yummy...Carrot Halwa is ready with fried cashew nuts|
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So adjust accordingly *
Thanks for visiting