This is a tasty preparation of masoor dal with spinach. As you all know, dal is full of protein, iron and folic acid. When it is combined with spinach, this dish turns out to be a complete package of high protein and fibre.
I had never tried using masoor dal. I have seen this dal in stores, but never bought it. Recently, i thought to give it a try at least once. Just to see how it tastes. Prepared this dish and it was really tasty. Masoor dal has a different taste when compared to other dals.
My daughter likes all the dal dishes. She loved this one too. Try this dish by yourself and post in your comments and feed backs.
1 cup Masoor Dal
1 cup Spinach/Palak (chopped)
1 tsp Cumin seed
1/2 cup Onion (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Dry Mango powder/Amchur powder
1/2 cup Tomato (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp Green chilli (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
4 tsp Oil
- Pressure cook masoor dal with 1 and 1/2 cup water, till two whistles. Keep this aside.
- In a non stick pan, heat oil. Add cumin seed. When it changes colour, add onion.
- When onion changes colour, add the cooked masoor dal, spinach, turmeric powder, amchur powder, red chilli powder and salt. Add tomato and water as required. Mix well.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and green chilli. Mix well and let it cook for sometime.
- When everything is cooked and combined properly take off from heat.
- Serve it hot with roti.
* increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting
Linking this recipe with Celebrating First Anniversary Give Away