This cake would be loved by all chocolate lovers. This is a very simple and soft cake.
I was planning to bake a cake by myself for my daughter's birthday. But i couldn't, as we celebrated her birthday in Kerala. After i came back, the thought was still haunting me that i could have baked the cake for her birthday. So i ended up baking this cake, decorated it and we celebrated her birthday once again - only me and my daughters. They enjoyed a lot and more over my little one was happy and excited that she was cutting the cake again.
To know how i decorated this cake, click here
Try out this cake and post in your suggestions.
|Chocolate Fudge Cake|
1 1/4 cup Maida/All purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp Baking powder
115 gms Dark chocolate (grated)
150 gms Unsalted Butter (softened)
1 cup Sugar (powdered) or Brown Sugar
3 Egg (beaten)
1 tsp Vanilla essence
2/3 cup Hung Curd
- Sieve maida and baking powder. Keep this aside.
- Melt dark chocolate in a microwave oven - micro mode - power High for approx. 1 minute. Mix well to remove any lumps. Keep this aside.
- In a bowl, soften the butter along with sugar. Use an electric beater or mix well using a wooden spoon, so that the sugar is completely dissolved. This process is called creaming.
- Now add the melted chocolate in it and mix well. Keep this aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs till light and fluffy. Keep this aside.
- Pre heat oven in convection mode at 190 degree Celsius.
- In the butter and chocolate mixture, add vanilla essence and hung curd. Mix well.
- Now add the beaten egg in it. Mix gently with a wooden spoon for 2 seconds.
- Add the maida-baking powder mixture into it and mix well.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and line a butter paper in it.
- Pour the cake batter in it and spread evenly in the tray.
- Place it in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Check with a tooth pick whether cooked or not.
- Once it is cooked, give a standing time of 5 minutes.
- Later, take off from the tray and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, cut into pieces and serve.
Thanks for visiting