For decorating your cake, there are different types of icing. Chocolate ganache, Chocolate frosting, Royal icing, Fondant etc.
Here's the recipe for Chocolate Frosting. Very easy to make and it has a deep dark brown colour. It is like a paste, so its very easy to spread on cakes and good for piping too.
115 gms Dark Chocolate
60 gms Unsalted Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar/Icing sugar
6 tbsp Hung Yogurt
- Melt dark chocolate and butter in a microwave - Micro mode - power High for 1 minute.
- Mix well till it becomes smooth with no lumps.
- Now add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Next, add the hung curd/Yogurt into it and mix well.
- Let it cool. Now, it is ready to be spread on cakes or for piping designs on the cakes.
What's hung curd/Yogurt?
Put curd in a muslin cloth and tie it to form a bag. Hang it on a tap or anything, so that the water from the curd will drain out. When all the water is drained out, take the curd from the cloth and that's the hung curd or yogurt. It will have a thick consistency.
Thanks for visiting