This is a tasty mutton curry which goes well rice or roti. Instead of mutton, you can use chicken also. This dish has a thick gravy with little tangy and spicy flavour. I would suggest you to make the ginger and garlic paste fresh, as it gives the complete flavour to the dish.
Try out and you will definitely like it.
|Tangy Spicy Mutton Curry|
1/2 Kg Mutton (cut into small to medium pieces)
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1/2 tsp Black pepper (whole)
1 inch Cinnamon stick
5 to 6 Cloves
2 Black Cardamom (if you don't have this, you can use green cardamom also)
Salt to taste
1 Onion (medium, sliced)
1 inch Ginger
5 to 6 Garlic
1/2 cup Yogurt
2 Green chilli (chopped)
5 to 6 tbsp Oil
3/4 cup Water
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add sliced onion.
- In the mean time, make a paste of ginger and garlic. Keep this aside.
- When the onion turns translucent, add ginger garlic paste. Saute well.
- After sometime, add the mutton. Mix well.
- Now add red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, black pepper, Cinnamon stick, cloves and black cardamom. Mix well.
- Add water and mix well. Cover the lid and cook till the mutton is completely soft and cooked.
- Once cooked, take off the lid and cook again till the oil leaves the masala.
- Now add yogurt and mix well. Let it cook till the oil is seen on top.
- Add garam masala powder, green chilli and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and serve hot with roti, naan or steamed rice.
Thanks for visiting
Linking this recipe with Celebrating First Anniversary Give Away