As promised, here's my 1st Blogiversary special dish..........
This is my version of chicken stew. It is completely oil free and healthy. This can be made as a vegetarian dish. Instead of chicken, add vegetables of your choice like cauliflower, peas, beans etc and instead of chicken stock, add vegetable stock. Tastes really awesome.
The coconut flavour in this dish takes it to another level. Chicken with coconut flavour tastes completely out of the world. A must try dish...Kids would definitely love it. I had to promise my daughter that i would make it again the next time we buy chicken.
1/2 kg Chicken (cut into medium sized pieces)
2 Onion (medium sized, sliced)
2 Green chilli (slit into half)
1 tbsp Ginger (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
1 cup Chicken stock
1 inch Cinnamon
2 Green Cardamom
2 tbsp Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
2 Carrot (medium, cut into cubes)
2 Potato (medium, cut into cubes)
1/2 cup 1st Coconut milk extract
1 cup 2nd Coconut milk extract
1 cup 3rd Coconut milk extract
5 - 10 Curry leaves
1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- Clean and cut the chicken pieces into medium sized pieces. Keep this aside.
- In a non stick pan, put onion. Saute for some time. As no oil is added, keep stirring in between.
- Now add ginger and garlic. Saute for sometime.
- When it slightly changes colour, add chicken stock. Let it simmer for sometime.
- Now add green chilli, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, carrot, potato and chicken pieces in it.
- Add black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add the 3rd coconut milk extract and let it simmer for sometime.
- Now add the 2nd coconut milk extract. Mix well.
- Cover and let it simmer till the chicken pieces and the vegetables are cooked.
- Once it is cooked thoroughly, add the 1st coconut milk extract.
- When it comes to a boil, switch off the heat and add salt. Mix well.
- Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice, bread, roti or appam.
Isn't it amazing ?....What are you waiting for ? Prepare this dish and tell me how it turned out.....
* increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting
Linking this recipe with Celebrating First Anniversary Give Away