Here's the recipe for the easy home made White Cake. The cake had the same taste which my mother used to bake for us when we were young. I didn't know the recipe of that cake and my mother had entirely forgot the recipe. At last.... i found out the recipe for this cake.
The top of the cake cracked a bit, but its fine (i am not a professional).....it tasted awesome. I gave a twist to this simple cake, by giving a fancy icing on it. I decorated it with a simple chocolate frosting. It tasted absolutely yummy.
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour/Maida
1 3/4 tsp Baking powder
1 cup Sugar (powdered)
1/2 cup Butter (at room temperature)
2 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 cup Milk
- In a bowl, sieve maida and baking powder. Keep this aside.
- Preheat oven at 175 degree Celsius.
- In another bowl, mix sugar and butter using an electric hand blender, till it becomes soft and fluffy and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add eggs and vanilla essence. Mix thoroughly.
- Now add sieved maida mix into the bowl. Mix nicely using the hand blender.
- Add milk and mix thoroughly to form a smooth cake batter, not too runny or thick.
- Add little more milk if you think that the batter is thick.
- Grease a baking tray with butter. Pour the prepared batter into it and place it in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Check with a tooth pick or knife whether the cake is cooked or not.
- Once it is done, take off from the oven and place it on a wire rack till it is completely cooled.
- After it is cooled, remove it from the tray. Cut and serve.
- I poured some chocolate ganache on top of the cake, decorated with some chocolate frosting on the sides and sprinkled some crushed cashew nuts on top of the frosting. It tasted awesome.
- I have posted the recipe for Chocolate Frosting, Chocolate Ganache and How to frost a cake.
Check my menu card for the easy access to the recipes.
|You can see some Chocolate Ganache in between the cake|
Thanks for visiting