This is a simple raita, made with Beetroot. It can be served with paratha, naan or any rice dishes. The colour of the dish itself is very attractive that no body can resist it, especially kids...
1 cup Beetroot (grated)
2 cup curd (whisked)
Salt to taste
1 tsp Mustard seed
10 Curry leaves
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
2 Green chilli (slit into half)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 pinch Cumin powder
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add mustard seeds. When they splutter add green chillies and curry leaves.
- After sometime, add grated beetroot, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for sometime till the beetroot is completely cooked.
- Take off from heat and keep aside to cool.
- Mean while, whisk curd nicely. Add the cooked beetroot and cumin powder. Adjust salt and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve at room temperature or cold.
Thanks for visiting