Boondi is a Rajasthani snack food. It is used for preparing sweet or spicy dishes. The sweet prepared is called Boondi Laddu and the spicy one is called Khara Boondi. Boondi is also used for making raita.
This recipe shows how to make the Boondi which is used for making the above mentioned dishes. I will be posting the recipe for each one of them.
1 cup Besan powder/Chickpea flour
Water as required
Oil for deep frying
- Take besan in a bowl and add water little by little. Make a smooth paste first.
- Then add more water to get a pouring consistency.
- Heat oil in a kadai and check by passing the batter into the hot oil, through a perforated spoon or ladle or use a boondi maker.
- If the boondi comes out round in the oil, then the batter is correct or else add more besan or water.
- When the boondi turns golden brown colour, transfer it into a tissue paper. Keep it aside.
Thanks for visiting