This is a traditional South Indian snack. Very easy to prepare and very tasty too. A perfect snack on a rainy day with tea or coffee.
3 Onion (medium sized, thinly sliced)
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Cumin powder
1/4 tsp Carom/Ajwain seeds
1 tbsp Mint leaves
2 tbsp Coriander leaves
1 tbsp Rice flour
5 tbsp Besan/Gram flour
Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, put the thinly sliced onion and salt. Mix well and keep this aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes, so that the onion will leave its water.
- After 15 minutes, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, carom seeds, mint leaves, coriander leaves and rice flour to the onion.
- Mix well with your hands. No need to add water.
- Now add besan little by little and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai. When it is medium hot, take some onion mixture with your hands and put it into the oil.
- When it turns golden brown, transfer it into a tissue paper.
- Serve it hot with any sauce of your choice.
Thanks for visiting