Brinjal is also known as Baingan or Eggplant. This is delicious side dish made using green brinjals/eggplant. The flavours of the masala gets into the brinjal and gives an amazing taste to the dish.
|Stuffed Green Brinjal|
10 nos Green Brinjals (small)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
4 tbsp Mustard oil or Vegetable oil
2 inch piece Ginger (finely chopped)
2 nos Green chilli (chopped)
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 Onion (finely sliced)
1 Onion (chopped)
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tsp Amchur powder (dried mango powder)
1 tsp Jeera
3 tbsp Coriander leaves
Salt to taste
- Clean and slit green brinjals. (Picture is shown below)
- Soak them in little water with turmeric powder and salt.
- In the mean time, heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add ginger, black pepper and green chilli.
- After some time, add finely sliced onion and saute till light golden colour.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well. Saute for sometime.
- Add coriander leaves and take off from heat.
- Grind it into smooth paste. Stuff the brinjals with the ground mixture.If some of the mixture is left. Keep this aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same non stick pan. Add jeera and chopped onion. Saute for sometime.
- Add the stuffed brinjals and the remaining masala.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook again for 10 minutes or till the brinjals are nicely cooked.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, phulka or naan.
|Stuffed Green Baingan|
Thanks for visiting