My family likes the pancakes made using Bisquick mix (we got it from US. It is available here in stores too). But it is made with maida/all purpose flour. That's really tasty. But not a healthier option.
I was thinking how to make a healthier version of pancakes. At last found this recipe and when tried, it came out really great. My daughter Nithya liked it a lot. She likes to have it with maple syrup or jam.
This is a very easy and healthy breakfast dish. You can have it at any time of the day....of course its your choice.
|Whole Wheat Pancake|
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Buttermilk
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, buttermilk, oil and egg. Mix well using an egg beater.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix well. Do not over mix the batter as the pancake will become chewy. If any lumps are left, that's just fine.
- Keep the batter aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan and spread little oil on it. Take a spoonful of batter and spread it on the hot pan.
- You can make big or small pancakes as you wish.
- When you see small holes on the top of the pancake, its time to flip it. (picture shown below)
- Cook both sides and take it off from heat.
- Serve it hot with honey or maple syrup.
|Whole Wheat Pancake (picture didnot come out clear)|
Thanks for visiting