This is another dish which we can make with murmura. This is a very light, tasty and healthy dish which we can serve as a breakfast or snack.
3 cup Murmura
1 Carrot (diced)
1 Potato (diced)
1 Onion (chopped)
1 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1 Tomato (diced)
1/2 Capsicum (chopped)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust according to your taste)
1/2 tsp Lime juice
2 tsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp split urad dal
Salt to taste
10 Curry leaves
Coriander leaves for garnish
- Wash murmura and drain the water. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds. When it splutter, add split urad dal.
- When it changes colour, add curry leaves, onion and saute well.
- After sometime, add carrot and potato. Sprinkle little water and cover it. Let it cook for sometime (till the vegetables are cooked).
- Now add tomato and capsicum. Saute for sometime.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
- When all the spices are mixed properly, add murmura and mix slowly so as to coat it nicely with the spices.
- After 2 minutes, take it off from heat and add lemon juice as per your taste.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.