This is a protien rich recipe. A healthy dish good for children. There are many varities of dishes made using dal and this one is really distinct.
Initially, i was hesitant to try this recipe as milk was added in it. I thought i will give it a try....because unless you try once you wont be able to know whether it is good or not. So i took a chance. To my surprise, the milk perfectly blended with the dal and gave a distinct taste to the dish. A must try recipe. My daughter loved it a lot.
2 cups Moong Dal (soaked for 3 hrs)
1 tsp Lemon juice
2 tbsp Coriander leaves
3 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1 inch piece Ginger (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Asafoetida
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seed
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 cup Milk
2 tbsp Oil
10 Black pepper
Salt to taste
Water as required
- Drain water from the soaked moong dal. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or kadai. Add asafoetida, jeera and black pepper. When jeera changes its colour, add green chilli, ginger and the soaked moong dal. Mix well.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now add water and milk alternatively, so as to cook the dal. Cover it and mix throughly in between.
- When you have put the whole milk and the dal is cooked nicely, take it off from heat and garnish with coriander leaves and put the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve it hot. A perfect combination with roti.
Thanks for visiting