Lauki (Bottle gourd) - 1 medium
Butter - 1 tbsp
Cardamom (coarsely ground) - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Milk - 5 cups
1. Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan and let it reduce to 4 cups. Stir continously.
2. In the mean time, peel the skin of the lauki and scrape off the seeds or the inside of it.
3. Shread it using a grater and squeeze a little. After squeezing, the grated lauki should be about 3 cups. Keep this aside.
4. In a non stick pan, put the butter and when it melts, add the shreaded lauki. Saute for about 4 to 5 minutes till it becomes soft.
5. Now add this to the milk which is boiling in the heavy bottom pan. Mix well.
6. Let it boil for about 10 to 15 minutes.
7. When it gets a creamy texture, add the sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well. Let it simmer for about 7 to 8 minutes.
8. Take off from heat and serve it either hot or cold.
9. It tastes really good.