Milk - 1 litre
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Pistachios (cut into small pieces) - 7 to 8 nos
Cashew nuts - 12 to 15 nos
Saffron - a small pinch
1. Boil cashew nuts for 5 to 6 minutes in water and drain it.
2. Grind it into a smooth paste.
3. In the mean time, boil milk and reduce it to half the volume by stirring continuously on low heat.
4. Once the milk is reduced, add the cashew nut paste and cook for sometime.
5. Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron. Cook on low heat by stirring continuously till the milk get a thick pouring consistency.
6. Remove from heat and add pistachios or any nuts of your choice.
7. Cool it and transfer it into individual bowls and put it in a fridge to cool.
8. Serve basundi once it is chilled.
Note: Instead of nuts, you can make basundi with fresh fruits also.