This is an easy sweet dish with loads of nuts and dry fruits. When you are in a mood to eat something sweet and at the same time lazy to prepare a full fledged sweet dish, this is the one you can indulge in. Kids would love it too.
1 cup Basmati Rice (soaked for 30 minutes)
¾ cup Sugar
¼ cup Mixed nuts and raisins (Almonds, Cashew nuts, Pistachios)
2 tbsp Ghee
1 inch Cinnamon stick
1 tsp Fennel seeds
2 cups water
3 tbsp Milk
1 pinch Saffron/Kesar (optional, instead you can add food colour)
3 tbsp Dry coconut powder
- Add saffron in the milk and keep this aside. If adding food colour, add food colour in the milk.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed deep pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms and fennel seeds.
- Saute till it starts to change its colour ie. for ½ a minute.
- Now add the soaked and drained basmati rice. Saute for 1 minute.
- Later, add water and saffron milk in it. Mix well and when the water starts to bubble, cover with a lid. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Later, when the rice is half cooked, add sugar, chopped nuts and raisins. Mix well and add dry coconut powder also.
- Cover again and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once done, serve it hot by garnishing with some chopped nuts, raisins and dry coconut powder.
Thanks for visiting