These cookies are healthy and yummy. Loads of nuts, dry fruits are added to it and moreover, it is made with whole wheat flour. Flax seed added to this recipe makes it even more nutritious and healthy. A perfect snack box goody for your kids.
It has a rustic look, with crispy texture. It remains fresh for days, if kept in an airtight container and moreover, if anything is left :) Try it out and let me know.
My kids are a big fan of these cookies that by now, I have made them two times and each time, it lasted only for a day. I could hear my kitchen cupboard open and close when I was not around....when asked, they would say... "Amma, only one" :) Kids are kids... Didn't stop them for the first time.... "sshhh....don't tell them that it is healthy" ;)
Recipe Source : Full scoops
3/4 cup Whole Wheat flour
1/2 cup Oats
1/4 cup Flax seed powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Oil
1/3 cup Sugar (add upto 2/3 cup as per your taste)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Dry fruits and Nuts (chopped)
1/2 cup Choco chips (optional)
- Dry roast oats and keep this aside.
- In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, flax seed powder, oats, baking soda, salt, choco chips and chopped nuts and dry fruits.
- In another bowl, beat sugar, oil, egg and vanilla extract till everything is nicely incorporated and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Take small quantities of the dough and make balls of it. Flatten a bit and place them on a baking tray lined with butter paper.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes till they are done.
- Once done, take out from the oven and let it cool on the tray for about 10 minutes.
- Later, transfer them onto an airtight container for later servings and Enjoy!!!
- I added 1/3 cup of sugar and was satisfied with the sweetness as the raisins added in it gave that extra sweetness. If u have a sweet tooth, add bit more of sugar.
- I added only about 1 tbsp. of choco chips. I felt, you can totally omit it if you don't have them in hand or don't like them in these cookies.
- Don't powder the roasted oats. It totally gives a different texture when they are added just like that.
- I added dry fruits like black raisins, green raisins and nuts like almond, cashew nuts. You can add any dry fruits and nuts you have at your home like cherries, dates, prunes, walnuts etc. Feel free to make these cookies more healthier.
Thanks for visiting