The name says it all.... its a muffin with cherries and coconut flavoured.
You might be thinking... how come muffins are not in a cup cake liner. It so happened that I kept a batch of muffins in the oven and after 10 minutes, power went off. I was tensed as to what to do with the batter. My Gas Oven Tandoor came to my rescue :) Poured rest of the batter in it and baked them at one go. I must say that the cake turned out to be soft and yummy.
2 cups Self Raising Flour (check here for substitute)
125 gms Butter (cold)
1 cup Cherry (pitted)
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
1 cup Coconut Milk
2 tbsp. Milk
- Cut the cherries into small pieces. Keep this aside.
- Cut butter into small pieces.
- In a bowl, add self raising flour and butter. Mix gently using your fingers or put in a food processor and pulse for 30 - 60 seconds till it becomes the consistency of bread crumbs.
- Into this mixture, add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well using a wooden spoon or silicon spatula till everything is nicely combined.
- Preheat the oven at 220 degree Celsius.
- Spoon the batter into cupcake molds and place them in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until it is cooked.
- Once done, take off from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Later, Enjoy!!!
- You might have noticed that no sugar is added in this recipe. Still the muffin tastes light sweet as we have added cherries in it. If you need the muffins to be more sweet, add about 1/4 cup of sugar in it.
- These muffins are best to be packed as snacks for kids.
Thanks for visiting