Homemade Chocolate

Good News for people residing in Hyderabad......Click on "Homemade Chocolates & Cakes" (above) to know more.......Do join my FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/Chocofantasy) to get new updates.


Friday 4 July 2014

Pumpkin Soup




This tasty soup is not only yummy, but healthy too. My elder daughter, who doesn't like most of the soups, liked this a lot and whenever, I buy yellow/Red pumpkin, she makes sure that I make this soup for her.

A very light and filling soup for all... Try it out and let me know.




Ingredients

2 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. Onion (finely chopped)
3 cups Red Pumpkin (skin peeled and thinly sliced)
1 - 2 tbsp. Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Oregano (optional)
3 cups Water or Vegetable stock
Coriander leaves for garnish



Method
  • Heat butter in a non stick pan. Add onion and the thinly sliced pumpkin. Roast till it slightly gets burnt or changes its colour.
  • Remove from heat and keep aside to cool. Put it in a mixer and grind into a smooth paste by adding little water or vegetable stock.
  • Put the ground pumpkin paste into the pan. Add the remaining water or vegetable stock in it. Mix well and let it simmer for 2 - 3 minutes.
  • Adjust salt, black pepper powder and oregano. If needed add more water as required.
  • Once everything is nicely combined, take off from heat and serve it hot by garnishing with coriander leaves.

Note:
  1. If you don't like the burnt taste of the pumpkin, just roast them slightly till they start changing its colour.
  2. You can even season this soup with little bit of oregano. That too tastes good...





* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*


Thanks for visiting
Happy Cooking!!

8 comments:

  1. comfort and a filling bowl of soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely...I have got a pumpkin in my vet box...gonna try this...visit my space too...event and giveaway going on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasty and comfort soup !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like pumpkin soup alot.. yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prefect comforting soup for a chilled weather..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nimmy..
    Soup looks stunning and hope i could taste it from that lovely looking bowl. Will try it very soon.

    Happy to follow your blog
    And I will be very happy if you follow my blog too...
    http://www.foodydelight.com/

    And also I have my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/FoodyDelight

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best food that I ever ate. I've enjoyed your blog dishes. It is always consistently delicious and a real treat to eat.
    Chennai Street Food

    ReplyDelete