This recipe is a blend of two dishes ... Frittata and Pasta.... both when combined together, you get a new and tasty dish called Frittata Pasta. A tasty evening snack for kids after coming back from school.
Both Frittata and Pasta is an Italian dish. Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crust less quiche, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses, vegetables or pasta. Pasta is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. (Wiki).
There are different varieties or shapes of pastas ... like Penne, Spirali, Spaghetti, Farfalle, Fusilli etc. Now a days, we get whole wheat pasta. For a healthier version, use whole wheat pasta.
This dish can be prepared with any variety of pasta. Here, I have used spirali pasta. Use any pasta of your choice and enjoy!!
Recipe source : SanjeevKapoor (FoodFood)
1 Capsicum (thinly sliced)
1 Onion (medium, thinly sliced)
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil in a wide non stick pan.
- Add onion and let it saute till translucent.
- Now add capsicum, salt and pepper powder. Saute for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add beaten eggs and give a quick stir. Spread out the onion and capsicum with the spatula.
- Keep on low flame, cover and let the egg cook in the bottom.
- Once the bottom is nicely cooked, flip over the egg very gently and carefully.
- Let the other side also cook nicely.
- Once done, transfer the frittata onto a plate.
To make Frittata pasta :
2 cups Spirali Pasta (cook as per the directions mentioned in the packet)
Salt to taste
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Onion (finely chopped)
4 Tomato (blanched in boiling water, skin peeled out and cut into small pieces)
2 tbsp. Tomato puree
1 tbsp. Garlic (finely chopped)
1/2 - 1 tbsp. Mixed Herb
1 - 2 tbsp. Chilli flakes
Water as required
Thanks for visiting