I had made a batch of khoya/mawa and didn't want to make the usual sweets with them. Wanted to try out something different and that's how I ended up making this yummy soft mawa cupcakes. Some of the cupcakes, I baked in my new Gas Oven Tandoor and some in my oven. Even made a small cake too.
Did I tell you that iam trying my hands on fondant decorations? I wanted to cover a cake with fondant and try some decorations. So used the small mawa cake for that. Will post some pics... Hope you will like it...
Coming back to the cake. Its really soft and rich. Though not a healthy one, but can indulge in this yummy cake once in a while. So, go ahead and bake them. Its worth a try!!!
160 gms Maida/All purpose flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
120 gms Butter
200 gms Condensed milk
1 tsp Vanilla essence
75 ml Milk
150 gms Khoya/Mawa
- In a bowl, sieve maida, baking powder and baking soda. Keep this aside.
- In another bowl add butter and condensed milk. Beat well using an electric beater till it reaches a soft and smooth creamy consistency.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now add the maida mixture into it. Mix well. Add milk and beat again till everything is nicely combined.
- Later, add khoya/mawa into the batter and beat again till it is combined properly.
- If baking cupcakes, pour spoonful of batter into the cupcake molds. If baking a cake, pour the batter into the prepared baking tin.
- Pre-heat the microwave oven in convection mode at 180 degree Celsius.
- Place the cupcake mold or cake tin in the preheated oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or till it is done. Do a toothpick test to check whether the cake is baked or not.
- You can sprinkle little khoya/mawa on top of the batter after pouring it in the cupcake mold or baking tin.
- I had baked a batch of cupcakes in my new Gas Oven Tandoor and it came out perfect. So if you have a GOT, you can try this recipe in it. But keep a close watch, as it cooks faster and may burn on top.
- The khoya/mawa is used in this recipe is a homemade one. You can use store bought ones also.
This is the picture of the cupcakes, which I baked using Gas Oven Tandoor...
Some pics of my first ever fondant decorated cake...the cake is Mawa cake.
This is how it looked after cutting :)
Hope you liked the pics... Thanks for watching... Try out the cake and let me know how you liked it.
Thanks for visiting