This is a popular Bengali snack. Its very easy to prepare and healthy too. A good snack to enjoy in the evenings...
2 cups White peas (soaked overnight and cooked)
1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
1 Tomato (chopped)
1/2 tsp Ginger (grated)
1/2 tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Garam masala powder
Salt to taste
3 - 4 tbsp. Oil
Coriander leaves and chopped onion for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, ginger and garlic. Saute till onion turns golden brown colour.
- Now add tomatoes and let it simmer, till the tomatoes are soft and nicely cooked.
- Add the cooked peas and mix well.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Let it cook for about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Now add garam masala powder.
- Turn off the flame.
- While serving garnish with coriander leaves and chopped onion. Serve it hot.
Thanks for visiting