Since long back, i was planning to make these cookies and somehow forgot about it. Yesterday, when i was going through my to-do list, i came across this recipe and without any delay, i thought to try it out...Moreover, both my kids were at home (elder daughter is having exams, she was having study leave yesterday). Thought to boost her up with these cookies ;)
These cookies are very easy to make and is ready within 10 - 20 minutes. What i liked the most while baking them was that the aroma of the cinnamon added in it, filled the entire house and it was just awesome. These cookies are crunchy and at the same time soft. Try it out friends, and let me know how you liked it.
1 and 1/3 cup Oats
1 cup Maida/All purpose flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
1 pinch Salt
1/2 cup Butter (softened)
1/4 cup Sugar (granulated, adjust as per your taste)
1/2 cup Honey
- In a bowl, put oats, maida, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt. Mix well. Keep this dry ingredient aside.
- In another bowl, mix butter, sugar and honey using an electric beater till everything is nicely combined.
- Pre heat the oven at 190 degree Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper.
- Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix well.
- Take small portions and roll them into balls between your palms and place them on the baking tray leaving 1 inch space in between.
- Place the tray in the pre heated oven for 10 - 20 minutes, till the cookies turn golden brown colour.
- Once done, take out the tray and let it cool down.
- After some time, when the cookies are still warm, take them from the tray and place them on the wire rack to cool down completely.
- Serve it along with tea, coffee or a glass of milk. Enjoy !!!