Usually i make a stir fry with raw bananas. But this time tried out differently. It came out perfect and tasted good with rotis.
Want to know the story how this dish came up....
In the morning, when i had to make a side dish for roti, i was left with only 4 raw bananas. I was thinking hard, what will i make with them, as i had to pack rotis + some subzi for my husband and my daughter for lunch. Didn't have much time to explore and no veggies... At last, thought to give it a try, mixed and matched some ingredients and yes....It came out really tasty...
Had no much time to take snaps, as it was morning and that too a working day...It is usually a war environment in my house till my kids go to school ;)
Somehow took 2 snaps just to share with you the recipe. So friends, check out the recipe....
4 Raw Banana
2 Onion (finely chopped)
2 Tomato (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
6 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
1 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
2 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tbsp Curry leaves
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
Water as required
2 tbsp Oil + Oil for frying
- Peel the skin from the bananas. Cut into thin roundels and deep fry them. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they splutter, add onion. Saute till onion turns translucent.
- Now add garlic, green chilli and ginger. Mix well.
- After sometime, add tomato. Mix well and let it simmer till the tomatoes become soft.
- Now add curry leaves, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and let it simmer till oil leaves the masala.
- Now add the fried banana roundels and mix well. Add little water and cover it with a lid.
- Let it simmer for about 2 - 3 minutes till the masala is nicely coated with the banana.
- Once done, take it off from heat.
- Serve it hot with roti or naan.
- Don't fry banana till it become dark brown. They have to just change its colour.
- Adjust spice as per your taste.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting