What Should i call you babies....Corn Pakodas or Golden Beauties?
Yes...That was my firstCorn is one of our favourite snack. We usually boil them and add little salt and pepper and enjoy just like that. This time, when i bought fresh corn, i thought i will try to make some pakodas out of it. I know it is not healthy as it is deep fried. But once in a while, it is ok to have junk food, isn't it?
expression question that came to my mind, when i took them out of the hot oil. I was happy to see the vibrant yellow colour of these pakodas....
These pakodas tasted excellent as it was crispy and crunchy. The chat masala on top of them added its taste. A perfect snack to enjoy this rainy season :)
1 cup Corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
1 Green chilli (chopped)
1/2 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
1/2 cup Onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Corn flour
1 tbsp Rice flour
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 pinch Baking soda
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Curry leaves (finely chopped)
Chat masala (optional)
Oil for deep frying
- In a mixer, add corn kernels, green chilli and cumin seeds. Grind coarsely.
- Transfer it into a bowl. Add in onion, corn flour, rice flour, salt, turmeric powder, baking soda, coriander leaves and curry leaves. Mix well.
- The moisture in the corn and onion will be enough to make the pakodas. But, if needed add little water. The mixture should not be runny. You should be able to make small balls out of it.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Take small portion (approx. 1 tbsp) of the mixture and press it gently with your palms (irregular shape is fine) and drop it in the hot oil.
- Do the same procedure with the rest of the mixture.
- Once the pakodas turn golden colour, transfer them on to a tissue paper.
- Sprinkle little chat masala on top of the pakodas and serve it hot with any sauce of your choice.
- Take small portion of the mixture for frying, so that the pakodas will be more crispy.
- If you are using fresh corn, boil them in a pressure cooker before using them in these pakodas.
- Add more onion, it will enhance the taste of the pakodas.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting
Sending this to Guru's Cooking Kids Give away