A simple and tasty snack with coffee, tea or a glass of milk. It is very crispy and yummy. My kids just love them at any time.
Recipe Source: Bajias Cooking
1 cup Self Raising flour (check for the substitute here.)
100 gms Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Beat butter and sugar using an electric beater till it becomes soft and creamy.
- Add vanilla essence, turmeric powder and eggs. Beat again till everything is combined properly.
- Pre-heat oven in convection mode at 180 degree Celsius.
- Grease a cake tin with butter and line a butter paper in it.
- Add self raising flour in the wet mixture and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter in the prepared cake tin and spread evenly in the tray.
- Place it in the pre heated oven for 50 - 55 minutes.
- Check in between using the tooth pick whether it is done or not.
- Once done, take off from oven and give a standing time of 10 minutes.
- Later, take off from the cake tin.
- Cut into pieces and let them cool completely.
- For making cake rusk, the oven should be cool. Don't preheat the oven.
- Spread the cake pieces on a baking tray and keep them in the oven.
- Set oven on 150 degree Celsius for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, check the cake pieces, if the sides have turned brown colour, they are ready.
- Take off from the oven and let it aside to cool.
- Store it or serve it...
My younger daughter's 'Bunny' enjoying Cake Rusk ;)
Thanks for visiting
Sending this to Guru's Cooking Kids Special Give away