These buns can be considered as a complete meal. I made these buns with an egg masala stuffing. You can make these buns with your own stuffings like chicken masala, mutton masala or mixed vegetable masala.
When i baked these buns, the fresh aroma filled my home, felt like i have entered a bakery. I surprised my daughter with these mini buns when she returned home from school. Both my kids loved them a lot. The tasty stuffing enhanced the flavour of the buns that in one bite itself you can enjoy the softness of the buns and also the spicy yummy filling.
For the dough:
2 cups Maida/All purpose flour
1 tsp Dry yeast
3/4 cup Milk
8 gm Sugar
2 gm Salt
2 tsp Butter
2 tbsp Luke warm water
2 Onion (medium, finely chopped)
2 Tomato (medium, Finely chopped)
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
2 - 3 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
3 tbsp Oil
Method for making the Egg stuffing:
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add jeera and when it splutter, add onion.
- Saute till the onion turns translucent. Now add tomato.
- Let it simmer till the tomato is nicely cooked and the mixture turns soft and mushy.
- Now add salt, kashmiri red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and let it simmer till everything is combined properly.
- Now add the eggs and mix nicely.
- Let it simmer for sometime. Keep stirring till the eggs are completely cooked and nicely scrambled.
- Take off from heat and let it cool.
Method for making the stuffed buns:
- In a small bowl, put luke warm water. Add little sugar and dry yeast in it. Mix well and keep this aside for the yeast to develop.
- In a big bowl, put maida and add the developed dry yeast into it. Give it a mix.
- Now add egg and mix again slightly.
- Add salt and the rest of the sugar. Mix.
- Now add milk, little by little and knead it into a dough.
- After 5 minutes, add the melted butter and knead again for about 10 minutes.
- The dough should become smooth and soft. Cover it with a cloth in a bowl and keep this in a warm place for about 1 - 2 hours, till it rises double.
- Once it is doubled, punch with your knuckles and knead again for about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Divide the dough equally into medium sized balls.
- Take one ball and flatten it on your palm with your fingers.
- Fill the egg stuffing in it and carefully bring all the edges together and close it. Roll it into a ball again in your palm and place it in a greased baking tray.
- Do the same procedure with the rest of the dough.
- Give enough space in between all the balls, so that it won't stick together.
- Keep this aside covered with a cloth for about 20 - 30 minutes so that they will rise a little.
- Preheat oven in convection mode at 200 degree Celsius.
- Once they have risen, give an egg wash on top of each buns.
- Sprinkle little sesame seeds on top of each buns.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven for about 15 - 20 minutes or till they become golden brown colour.
- Once done, take off from the oven and let it cool a bit.
- Serve it hot.
Sending this to Guru's Cooking Giveaway