A simple and easy cupcake with the flavour of coconut. These cuties are very soft and spongy. If you would like to dress up these cuties, you can put butter cream icing on top of them with a light drizzle of desiccated coconut.
I wanted to put icing on these cute little cupcakes, but my kids were not at all ready for the dressing up. They gobbled up one by one, even though the cup cakes were warm. I had to fight with them to keep some aside so that i could take some snaps.
Whenever my oven beeps, my little daughter come running to the kitchen and asks me "Is it ready, amma". Even if she doesn't know what is inside the oven, she never misses to ask me this question whenever she hears the beep....And whenever i take out my electric hand beater out from my shelf, she asks me "You are going to make cake? Thank you amma"....Isn't it cute. She just love cakes like my elder one.
I took these snaps using my husband's SLR camera. He has a passion for photography and has a wonderful collection of pictures of butterflies, birds etc. I am afraid to handle his camera, so never have asked him to lend his camera. But this time, i thought to try it once and my husband readily agreed to show me the camera techniques....
Hope i have made justice to these little coconut cuties with my first attempt on SLR :)
Now, on to the making of these coconut cuties.....
80 gm Butter
1 cup Self raising flour (check my 'tips and methods' tab for substitute)
2/3 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla essence
2/3 cup Desiccated coconut
2/3 cup Milk
- Preheat oven in convection mode at 180 degree Celsius.
- Line cup cake tray with cup cake liners.
- In a bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat well using an electric beater.
- When it is creamed nicely, add vanilla essence and egg.
- Beat well till everything is combined properly.
- Now add desiccated coconut and self raising flour.
- Mix well using a wooden spoon. Add milk little by little, till it becomes a soft and smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake tray till 3/4th of it is filled.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes or till it turns light golden colour.
- Insert a toothpick to check whether they are cooked completely.
- Take off from oven and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve these little cup cakes by sprinkling little desiccated coconut and powdered sugar on top.
- Add milk little by little to get the correct consistency of the batter.
Thanks for visiting
Sending this to Guru's Kids Special Giveaway