This is a simple and easy chicken tandoori preparation. You can make your own tandoori masala at home, but i preferred to use a store bought one....Smart cooking, isn't it. The truth is that i was a bit lazy to make my own tandoori masala, so used the store bought one ;) Even though i used the store bought masala powder for this dish, i must say that the tandoori chicken was so delicious and soft.
You all know that the tandoori chicken is prepared in a tandoor, but i don't have it..many of us might not be having it at home, so i made it in a tawa. You can very well prepare it in an oven too. The chicken should slightly get burnt...(not too much)...actually, that burnt flavour adds to the taste of this dish.
Try it out and let me know how it turned out...
1 Kg Chicken (with bones, cut into medium sized pieces)
2 tbsp Lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
4 tsp Tandoori Chicken Masala
2 tsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder
6 tbsp Curd (thick hung curd)
Butter or Oil for shallow frying
- Wash, clean and dry the chicken pieces. Make fine slits on them.
- In a deep bowl, add lemon juice and salt. Put all the chicken pieces in it and mix properly.
- Keep this aside for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Mix ginger garlic paste, tandoori chicken masala, kashmiri red chilli powder, thick curd and salt. Put this mixture on to the chicken pieces and rub them nicely so that the chicken pieces gets completely coated with the masala mixture.
- Keep this in the fridge for 2 hours or more.
- Heat a non stick tawa with little butter or oil. Place the marinated chicken pieces in it.
- Cook them in low flame. When both the sides become brown colour, take off from heat and transfer them on a tissue paper.
- Serve it hot.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting