This is the traditional dish that is served along with poori. This dish is also known as poori masala. A simple side dish prepared using potatoes and very little spices.
4 - 5 Potatoes (medium, boiled, peeled and mashed)
1 Onion (medium, thinly sliced)
3 - 4 Green chilli (slit into half)
6 - 7 Curry leaves
1 inch Ginger (cut into small pieces)
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Urad dal
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
3 tbsp Oil
Water as required
Coriander leaves for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds. When it splutter, add urad dal. When it slightly changes its colour, add green chilli and ginger.
- Saute for sometime. Now add curry leaves and onion.
- When the onion starts changing its colour, add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Saute for a minute. Now add the mashed potatoes, add little water and mix well.
- Adjust water and salt as per your taste.
- Let it simmer for sometime. When everything gets combined properly, add coriander leaves.
- Mix well and take off from heat.
- Serve it hot with poori. Goes well with dosa too.
- Dont mash the potatoes into a fine paste. Mash them coarsely. The dish will taste good.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting