This is a healthy snack or sweet that can be enjoyed by all. It is purely Sugar free and the sweetness comes solely from the dates. This can be rather called as a guilt free sweet. Good for kids and adults too. It can be stored and the shelf life is approximately 1 week.... If any is left :)
These balls are rich in fiber, protein and vitamins... You can pack it for your kids as a sweet after their lunch or as a snack box item.
Recipe Source : Sharmis passions
1 cup Oats
1/2 cup Nuts (any mixed nuts of your choice, I used peanuts and cashew nuts)
Ghee or Oil as required
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Dry roast oats till a nutty aroma rises from it.
- Grind it into a smooth powder. Keep this aside.
- Grind dates into a soft and smooth paste. Keep this aside.
- Grind nuts into a coarse powder and keep this aside.
- Take a bowl and mix all the ground ingredients in it. Add cardamom powder.
- Mix well using your hands and add ghee as required to make small balls.
- Serve it as a snack or sweet.
- The amount of dates can be increased, if you need more sweetness.
- This can be served in any shapes...like rolled and cut into square pieces etc.
- You can add milk instead of ghee and give shape to this sweet. But if milk is added, it has to be consumed on the same day or the next day. It cannot be stored..
Thanks for visiting