This is a simple and easy recipe for cream cheese. Recently, when i was in need of some cream cheese, it was very difficult to get one in any stores. And when i found one, it was costing really high for a small packet.
That's how i started searching in Internet - how to make a homemade cream cheese. Found out many recipes, but couldn't find a simple and easy one. By combining 2 or more recipes and omitting the difficult ingredients and adding simple easy available ingredients, i came up with this recipe. It tasted really great.
As i said it is very easy to make and you can use it as a spread on toasts, add different flavours to it or even make a homely cheesecake...Isn't it great?
With the ingredients mentioned below, i could make 1 cup of cream cheese. So if you want to make more, double the ingredients. Except muslin cloth ;)
1 litre Milk
2 tbsp Vinegar or Lime juice or 1 1/2 tsp Citric acid
3 tbsp Fresh Cream
- Boil milk by adding vinegar.
- Keep stirring continuously till you can see the whey separated from the milk ie. you can see water and milk solids separately.
- Switch off the heat and let it cool for sometime.
- When it is still warm, pass it through a muslin cloth and hang it on a kitchen counter. Don't squeeze the water.
- Let it hang there for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- This is actually what we call as Paneer.
- Put this in a mixer and blend well into a soft and smooth paste.
- Add the fresh cream and again blend it.
- The cream cheese is ready.
Thanks for visiting