This is a simple biscuit recipe which is slightly spicy and has a masala flavour. The main highlight of this recipe is that it is Eggless - so all the veggies out there...u can try them. It is really tasty.
I used olive oil instead of butter and didn't add any sugar to this recipe. The black pepper in it gives a good flavour to these biscuits. You can make any shape out of these dough using a cookie cutter. I just cut them using a knife and made impressions on the sides using a fork.
My next trial would be by using whole wheat flour instead of maida...so that it would become a complete healthy biscuit. Will update you once i try it.
Recipe Source: Sharmispassions (slightly altered)
1 cup Maida/All purpose flour
4 tbsp Olive oil (any vegetable oil or butter is fine)
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
1 tbsp Curry leaves (cut into small pieces)
1 tbsp Mint leaves (cut into small pieces)
1 tbsp Coriander leaves (cut into small pieces)
2 Green chilli (cut into small pieces)
1/2 tbsp Black pepper powder
1 tsp Salt
4 tbsp Milk (add little by little)
- In a bowl, mix maida and olive oil. Mix well so as to form a bread crumb consistency.
- Now add sesame seeds, curry leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilli, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add milk little by little and knead into a soft dough.
- Take small potions and roll like a roti about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into shapes and prick it with fork, so that it wont puff while baking.
- Do the same process with the remaining dough till everything is used up.
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Grease a baking tray with little oil or butter. Spread the prepared biscuits one by one on it.
- Place the tray in the pre-heated oven and bake for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Check in between. Take off from oven and let it cool.
- Once cooled, it will turn out to be crisp.
- Serve it with tea or coffee.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting