This is a simple preparation with aloo. Very easy to make and very tasty with different flavours of masalas added in it. Normally, this dish is served as a side dish for roti. But we like to enjoy it just like that....as a starter.
4 tbsp Oil
4 Potatoes (boiled, peeled and cut into cubes)
2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Coriander seeds (crushed)
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp Amchur powder/Dry mango powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Boil potatoes, peel them and cut them into cubes. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, red chilli powder, amchur powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the potatoes into the masala mixture and toss well or mix slowly so that the potatoes are not mashed.
- Let it cook for sometime till all the masalas get completely coated with the potatoes.
- Lastly, add coriander leaves, mix and take off from heat.
- Serve it hot with roti, naan or steamed rice.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting