This recipe is a variation for the famous - Aloo Methi. I tried the same recipe with carrots and it turned out to be good. So thought to share with you all.
Methi, as you all know is very good for our health. Because of its bitterness, many people avoid eating them. Put little salt in the chopped methi leaves and keep aside for sometime and while using them, squeeze the water from the leaves. This will take away the bitterness from them without compromising on its nutritional values. So next time, don't run away from methi leaves...try this recipe and you will definitely like it.
4 Carrots (medium, peeled and cut into cubes)
1 bunch Methi leaves (washed and chopped)
1 tbsp Oil
1 Onion (finely chopped)
3 cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
1 - 2 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1/2 tbsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
- Put methi leaves in a bowl and add little salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add onion, green chilli and garlic. Mix well and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- Now add the carrots and salt. Mix well. Cover and let it simmer till the carrots are cooked.
- Squeeze the methi leaves to remove water from it and put it in the cooked carrots. Mix well. Let it simmer and keep stirring.
- Now add coriander powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Cover it and cook for about 2 - 4 minutes.
- Take off from heat and serve it hot with roti or naan.
* Adjust spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting