This is a traditional Kerala dish which is sweet and spicy. The Pineapple pachadi is made in different ways. I have mentioned here one of the method.
I have added dates along with pineapple. But this is optional. Try out this recipe and post in your comments.
1 cup Pineapple (finely chopped)
2 to 3 dates (finely chopped, optional)
Water as required
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Red chilli powder (adjust according to your taste)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Sugar
5 to 10 nos Cashewnuts
1/2 cup Coconut (freshly grated)
1 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
10 nos Curry leaves
2 nos Dry red chilli
1 tbsp Coconut oil
- In a non stick pan, add pineapple, dates and enough water required to cook it.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Cook throughly by mixing in between.
- When the water is almost dried up and the pineapple is cooked nicely, add sugar and cashewnuts to it.
- Let it simmer for sometime. Keep stirring in between.
- In the mean time, coarsely grind, coconut and 1 tsp mustard with little water.
- Add the coconut mixture into the pineapple that is simmering.
- Mix well. Let it cook for sometime.
- In the mean time, take another non stick pan and heat oil.
- Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. When it splutters, add dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- Put it into the pineapple coconut mixture.
- Take off from heat and serve it with steamed rice.
Thanks for visiting