This is an easy preparation of Chocolate chip cookies. It is crispy and chewy. Traditionally, chocolate chip cookies are made by adding equal amount of brown sugar and white sugar. But i have taken only white sugar for this recipe.
Try it out and kids would love it. You can actually store them for weeks and it will remain crispy and chewy. But i can't guarantee you whether there would be enough to store or not...because it would be finished within seconds.... :)
|Chocolate Chip Cookies|
1 1/8 cup Maida/All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
2 pinch Salt
1/2 cup Butter (unsalted)
12 tbsp Sugar (powdered)
1 tsp Vanilla essence
3/4 cup Chocolate chips
1/2 cup mixed nuts (optional)
- In a bowl, mix maida, baking soda and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with vanilla essence. Keep this aside.
- In another big bowl, put butter and sugar. Mix them nicely using an electric hand mixer/blender till the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Add the egg and vanilla mixture into it and blend again.
- Now add the maida mix into it gradually and mix nicely. You can use the electric hand blender or use a wooden spoon.
- When it is mixed properly, add the chocolate chips and mix using the wooden spoon.
- Transfer the cookie dough evenly on a plastic sheet and wrap it. Place it in a fridge for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven on 160 degree Celsius.
- After one hour take the cookie dough from the fridge and remove it from the plastic sheet.
- Cut it into small equal sized pieces and roll it with your palm to make small balls.
- Place it on an oven tray by leaving some space in between each balls.
- Put the tray in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes till the cookies turn golden brown colour.
- Once done, take out the tray and leave it for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take the cookies from the tray and place it on a wire rack till it is completely cooled.
- You can store it in a jar or in a zip lock bag for weeks "if you don't finish it". It will remain crisp and chewy.
Thanks for visiting