Pani puri is also known as Pani Ke Bataashe, Puchka, Gup Chup, Gol Gappa etc. in different parts of India. It is a famous street snack in India.
This recipe which i have posted is not the traditional one that you get in streets. I have made my own changes in the stuffing. It tastes really great and kids would love it. As sprouted moong is added in the stuffing, it gives a healthy twist to the dish.
1 pkt Puri (small round ones)
2 cups Sprouted Moong
1 large Tomato (deseeded and finely chopped)
1 medium Potato (boiled and finely chopped)
1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
2 tbsp Coriander leaves
1 to 2 tbsp Pani puri masala (I used Everest pani puri masala pkt)
Water as required
- For stuffing: In a bowl, mix sprouted moong, tomato, potato, onion and coriander leaves. Keep this aside.
- In another bowl, mix pani puri masala with sufficient water. Keep this aside.
- Slightly pierce one side of the puri and fill it with the stuffing. Stuff all the puris with the stuffing and place it in a plate.
- Serve it along with the pani puri masala water.
- You know how to eat it...right.
- Pour little pani puri water in the stuffed puri and eat it at one go.
Note: Its always a better idea to buy the Puri packet from the market. Because its difficult to make it and we wont get the desired shape.
If possible you can make the pani puri masala at home. But i preferred to buy it from store as it is easy.
|Pani puri/Gol Gappa|
Thanks for visiting