This is a simple and tasty korma which is mixture of vegetables in a light gravy. You can add any vegetables of your choice in this recipe. Even you can add paneer. Just cut it into cubes, fry it in oil and add along with the capsicum.
Instead of milk, you can add cream. But i think milk is very light and is a healthy alternative. It gives a nice taste to the dish. This dish tastes good if you add coconut milk instead of milk. Its up to you....you can make this dish with any of the above mentioned alternatives and iam sure the dish would be perfect.
1 cup Cauliflower (chopped into bite size pieces)
1/2 cup Peas
1/2 cup Carrot (sliced)
1/2 cup Beans (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
1/2 cup Capsicum (chopped)
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
3 tbsp Oil
1 pinch Asafoetida
1/2 tsp Jeera/Cumin seed
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
2 nos Bay leaves
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1/2 tsp Amchur powder
1 cup Milk
1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, make a spice paste by mixing green chilli, ginger, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and little water. Mix well. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add asafoetida, cumin seeds and bay leaves. Stir for sometime.
- Now add the spice paste which we had kept aside. Mix well and fry till oil leaves the mixture.
- Now add cauliflower, peas, beans and carrot. Mix well. Cover with a lid and let it cook for sometime.
- If the vegetables are dried up while cooking, add little water and again cover and cook till it is soft and not fully cooked.
- Now add the capsicum and mix well. Let it simmer for sometime.
- In the mean time, mix cornstarch in the milk and mix well so that no lumps are formed.
- Pour the milk mixture into the simmering vegetables.
- Add salt and mix. Cover it again and let it cook till the vegetables are fully cooked.
- When it is completely cooked, add garam masala, amchur powder and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and take if off from heat.
- Serve it hot with roti, naan or steamed rice.
Thanks for visiting