Firstly, i should thank Shobha ammai who taught me how to prepare this easy and wonderful dish. When i was in Jaipur, she showed me how to prepare this recipe and we all liked it a lot. I thought i will share it with you all, so you can enjoy it too.
|Ladies Finger Fry|
1/2 Kg Ladies finger (use the small sized ones)
1/2 cup Besan
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1 tbsp Red chilli powder
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Amchur powder
- Clean and slit the ladies finger vertically. Do not cut it into half.
- Put besan and salt. Mix well so that all the ladies finger gets coated with the besan.
- Keep this aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Shallow fry the marinated ladies finger in batches ie. 10 to 15 nos at a time.
- Fry till its sides turns colour and the ladies finger gets completely cooked. Add oil little by little.
- Transfer it into a bowl.
- When the last batch of ladies finger is fried, put the rest of the fried ladies finger back into the pan.
- Now add the red chilli powder, coriander powder and adjust the salt.
- Mix well and let it simmer for some time.
- Add amchur powder and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and serve it hot with roti.
|Ladies Finger marinated with besan and salt|
Thanks for visiting