I am posting here the basic points on how to frost a cake. You can find more tips on how to decorate a cake in youtube.
No need to be a professional. Once you complete frosting and decorating your cake, you will feel proud that... Yes!! you have done something great. I felt like that when i finished frosting my cakes....iam sure you will feel like that too......
Tips to Frost a Cake
- Bake the cake.
- Cool it completely before frosting.
- Level the top of the cake using a sharp knife. Level the sides if needed.
- Turn the cake upside down ie. the down side of the cake will be in the top which will become the top of the cake once the frosting is done.
- Cut the cake into half, horizontally.
- Keep the top half aside and on the bottom portion, pour little sugar syrup or any flavoured juice like orange juice etc. Pour about 5 to 10 tablespoons of the syrup. No need to soak the cake.
- Now spread little chocolate frosting on the top.
- Place the top portion of the cake on the frosted bottom portion.
- Again pour little sugar syrup on top.
- Spread the chocolate frosting or chocolate ganache or any icing, such that the entire cake is covered with it.
- Always take large amount of frosting and put in the center of the cake. Start spreading from center towards the sides.
- Once the frosting is done, decorate with some edible beads, flowers, nuts etc.
- Use your creativity to decorate your cake.
|Frosted wth Chocolate Ganache and decorated with Chocolate frosting (on sides) and cashewnuts|
|Frosted with Chocolate Ganache and decorated with Jam and icing sugar|
Thanks for visiting